Are you looking for a superior electronics manufacturing service to contract with in the new year? If so, you're probably already well aware that there are numerous businesses that offer design and manufacturing services for you to choose from. Being able to differentiate between the best manufacturers and those that are sub-par, though, can initially seem tricky. If you're not exactly sure what it is that you should be looking for, you may not even know where to begin in narrowing down your options. In order to help you make the best and most educated decision possible, we've put together these eight factors that you should insist upon before hiring an electronics manufacturing service.
1. Industry experience First and foremost, it is always in your best interest to hire a contract manufacturing company that has an extensive history in the electronics industry. Those businesses that are well-established can be counted upon to provide high quality work, and will take pride in each board that they design and produce. Don't hesitate to ask your prospective manufacturer about how long they have been in business, and what their criteria is for hiring employees.
2. Design capabilities In addition to providing customers with an electronics manufacturing service, your outsource partner should also have the ability to help you throughout your design processes. Whether you are starting completely from scratch, or simply need a fresh set of eyes to review your current specs, the best manufacturing companies can help you to streamline your plans and make them as efficient and effective as possible.
3. Advanced technologies What type of tools, machinery, and equipment does your prospective electronics manufacturing service utilize? It's in your best interest to choose to give your business to a company that takes advantage of all of the latest technologies to ensure that your products can be developed in such a way that they remain highly competitive in the marketplace.
4. Industry compliance Never work with a contract manufacturing company that does not adhere to the most current industry standards. In addition to complying with various industry rules and regulations for design and manufacture, your partner company should be willing to comply with your specific standards for production.
5. Environmentally responsible The best electronics manufacturing service providers will always take the environment into consideration. Make sure that your prospective manufacturer is Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant and can help you convert any of your board's specific designs to an RoHS compliant plan. Not only will this protect our earth, but it will also improve your image with your customers.
6. Product testing Your contract manufacturing service should never be satisfied with simply producing a batch order of PC boards. Testing should always be completed to ensure that each unit produced is up to par, and is highly functional and performs as expected. Testing the products for any design flaws or issues can help you to analyze trends and catch major production errors without causing you to waste an excessive amount of time or money.
7. Supply chain management Not all supply chain solutions will work for all electronics companies. Because of this, your contract manufacturer should have sourcing agreements for components and commodities from all around the globe, and be willing to meet your needs pertaining to contract requirements, preferred vendors, sourcing restrictions, etc.
8. Fulfillment Services It's never a good idea to choose an electronics manufacturing service that does not take care of your needs post-production. A great company will offer fulfillment services including troubleshooting any faulty PC boards and making the necessary repairs before returning them from their depot. In the end, this will save you a lot of time and money on labor or on warranty replacement units.
Get the very most out of your electronics manufacturing service in 2014. By insisting on this set of criteria, you can easily pick out the best from the rest.