Suddenly, “made in the USA” has real meaning again. In fact, you need look no further than Baltimore-based Zentech Manufacturing to understand just how much of an advantage this can be. Zentech specializes in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) manufacturing assembly for a variety of clients in sectors as varied as medical diagnostics, telecommunications and defense, but the expertise of this burgeoning services company goes much deeper. Zentech has built its success on collaboration and efficiency in every phase of the design and assembly manufacturing process, and that offers the potential to drastically improve your products and the way they get to market. Zentech can shepherd your project all the way from concept stage to shipping, literally building innovation and cost savings into every step. It’s the kind of integrated, can-do approach that once defined American manufacturing, and companies all over are taking notice.
Topics: electronic manufacturing company, product assembly, contract manufacturing, manufacturing assembly, contract electronics manufacturing, SMT Assembly, Zentech technologies, Contract Electronics Assembly, assembly electronic, manufacturing, off shoring, Reshoring
- Chinese labor costs are expected to rise at a rate of 13 percent per year through 2015;
- The cost of shipping products around the world is dramatically increasing;
- Distance is making it difficult to design and collaborate on products; and,
- It’s increasingly difficult (and expensive) to protect intellectual property in China.
- Create a more educated workforce that can fill skilled labor gaps and get Americans interested in manufacturing careers at all levels (e.g., assembly, engineering, management, etc.).
- Use automated assembly processes to limit the labor input of production more extensively.
- Help companies evaluate their true total cost of ownership (TCO) to help model the risks and costs of offshoring production.
Topics: electronics manufacturing, contract manufacturing, manufacturing services, contract electronics manufacturing, Zentech technologies, smt manufacturing, total cost of ownership, Reshoring, offshoring, made in america
Have you ever noticed how people will ignore information that doesn't support a decision they have made? It happens every day with offshore electronics manufacturing when buyers and executives look at just the unit cost of a pcb assembly or circuit card and ignore other costs to the organiziation that aren't factored into purchased price variance (PPV). Direct costs associated with shipping, import fees, supplier visits warranty costs are often ignored or not understood by the people making a supply chain decision. And the soft costs associated with missed revenue recognitiion, late customer deliveries and quality issues can slowly eat away at an organizations goodwill.